Saturday, November 08, 2008

5-minute memories

We watched Sesame Street in German today. Kermit singing in German was priceless.
Its 3:53 am and I just finished watching Khuda Ke Liye. Can I just say that it put a lot of things into perspective? About love and religion and right and wrong and Narah-e-Taqbeer and who deserves justice and who's fault is it all really? Allah's?
The movie was perfect in the sense that it didn't resolve anything.
We all still stand here, as divided as ever as Muslims, as people, as human beings.
Which brings me to why would I want to hurt myself just in pursuit of attention. No let me rephrase that. Why would I surround myself with positive-ness, but still always find something negative about it?
Why would I let A say things to me, that sure, are funny sometimes, but really hurt my feelings later on?
Why would I let M push me around and then fall for all the sugary goodness that pours forth a few minutes later?
Is it true that all boys want good girls?
What if I'm not a good girl? Where does that put me? Why does everyone have to be so biased? Why, even though I've moved away from what I thought was the most judgemental society ever, am I still being judged?
Mera kasoor kya hai?
Ke mujhe khushi chahiye?
Tou phir tou duniya mein saray log hee gunagaar hain.
Khushi panay ke liye hum sab kaisay martay jatay hain. Kaisay apna aap bhool ke, apni izzat, apni thakhan.. khushi ke peechay bhaagtay hain. Ke kisi tarhan se hamein thori der ke liye sakoon mil jayay. Buss thora sa chen aa jayay, ke hum dil khol ke saans le sakein. Jee sakein, hans sakein. Kisi bhi tarhan ye jo dil mein bechaini hai, iss ko mitaa sakein.
Dil sala bechain bohot hai...

2 comments:

Dreaminglass said...

Yeh dil kee beychayni se kaun chhoot paa sakta hai...saari zindagi guzar sakti hai is kee pakkarr mein...

Marina said...

Very true. =]