Thursday, January 29, 2009

private parking for lonely cities

a city is a city is a city is a city is a city.
no matter how many people you know (according to Sam, I know more than I need to), or how many things you have lined up to do for the day, you will always be alone at times when you'd rather not be.
I've decided I love puddle-reflection picture-taking.
And I have also decided that it does not matter to me how badly you have failed as a human being. As a mother, as a brother and as a father. I sit here right now knowing full well that I am loved, and cared for. The reason I am so blunt, and confident (sometimes) and evasive and colorful, is you. At this moment in time, I would not trade any part of my life (except maybe my thunder thighs) with anything more or less better. I'm obnoxiously proud of having a fucked up family, and loving every little bit of them. I'm now used to making up for people's mistakes, shortcomings, wrong decisions, and down right stubbornness. I will quietly work towards gluing us back together, (if we ever were apart at all), and making the best out of what God has given us. Who knows where our next bread and bed is written? This may be the last time I see you, the last time I eat at this table, the last time I sleep in this house.

8 comments:

neeli said...

: ) family. shit comes with the package, and you gotta love it.

Ali said...

great attitude. God give me the strength and wisdom
to feel the same way.

Mera naam chun chun said...

Yes, Family =D

Marina said...

Love it, love it. This is SO true for families. =]

Sadia said...

All good. all true. Loved it.

Dreaminglass said...

We'll gladly run in circles, but the shape we're meant to make is gone...

Anonymous said...

sartorialist! *squh-weal*
unohu

Zh. said...

hahaha