Tuesday, March 10, 2009

some day in March 09

What do you do when you think its too late to mend your ways? To be forgiven for your mistakes? Modern day Kitty closes the frosted glass door, with failed force. Almost a hundred years later, and we're stuck in the same rut.
My greatest fear my love, is losing you. A man of complacent virtue, a truer man I have not see. But since when has a woman ever loved a man for his virtue? We coexist in parallel universes, my love. I fear I have walked too far ahead of anything that maybe was. I feel your outstretched hand through my leathered glove, and it all seems perfect. Is it? Am I enough? Is this really all you want? When I cry, my dear, it is not for the mistakes we've made, or that the movie hit too close to home, or that you really might not love me as much as I think you do. I cry because I feel you love me far too much, and that in the end I won't be able to stand upright the day they're burying you in the ground.

8 comments:

Sadia said...

It's beautiful and left me reeling.....

Lunatic.... said...

I loved the end...

xRadiZ said...

if we ever thought we were good enough for anyone, then we wouldn't be.
hopefully it could be a driving force for improving oneself instead an overwhelming fear of inadequacy. you want to be the best you could ever possibly be to deserve their love.
we think it's never enough, but the pure desire meets those qualifications.
We should always want the best we can have, the details will work themselves out.
it's better to have tried for something you didn't think possible with every fiber of your being and every synapse jump in your mind and every valve clench in the heart, than to have simply given up.

Xeb said...

"I cry because I feel you love me far too much, and that in the end I won't be able to stand upright the day they're burying you in the ground."

You will. I saw a man who loved a woman as much as any-man-can-ever-love be buried in the ground. And I saw the woman who I could never imagine living without him stand next to his grave and promise him that she will smile. More than anything else, love gives us strength. The strength to do wonderful things while they're standing by our side. And, when they're gone, the strength to go on as they would want us to, because at the end of the day as long as we love, they're still with us.

Ali said...

xradiz and xeb are wise people.

*hands you chocolate chip cookie that i stole from marina*

Anonymous said...

Hinckter! Bring me a spatula.
unohu

manchildconfessional said...

then why bother loving?

Anonymous said...

i can so relate.