Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year's Resolution

As we grow up,
we learn that even the one person that wasn't ever supposed to let you down...
probably will.
You'll have you heart broken
and you'll break others' hearts.
You'll fight with your best friend
or maybe even fall in love with them,
and you'll cry because time is flying by.
So take too many pictures,
laugh too much,
forgive freely,
and love like you've never been hurt.
Life comes with no guarantess,
no time-outs,
no second chances.
You just have to live life to the fullest,
tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off,
speak out,
dance in the pouring rain,
hold someone's hand,comfort a friend,
fall asleep watching the sun come up,
stay up late,be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts.
Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all,
live in the moment.
Because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.


author unknown.

8 comments:

Dreaminglass said...

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

Anonymous said...

reading this makes me sad and happy at the same time...like a crazy person, or someone with two personalities.
shit, i'm so quirky sometimes.

unohu.

Dreaminglass said...

Everytime I see you comment, I feel like addressing you as "Inohu-u-r". I'm not sure how well that'd go down with you, though, what with your MPD tendencies...

Cake party? I'll bring ingredients, you bring cake.

mehreenkasana said...

This post really made me smile. It sounds so very familiar. I guess I should follow what it says. It might as well make life seem easier. Thank you for putting this up, Zahra. :)

Anonymous said...

oh yes, there will be cake.

'tis me!

observe:

unohu.


viva la evolucion!

D said...

I read
Your poem and was
Inspired,
To write.
But,
I'm actually the Freebeard,
And would like to thank you for
Your comment
On my site
And was wondering
If you could email me
Fellow Guardian Reader
(My return-key is broken)
((The poem's rather good by the way))

The Free Beard

http://fearofabeardedplanet.blogspot.com

Zh. said...

hahahahahahahahah!:D
i don't have your email address,dude. and your blog isn't of much help.