Monday, December 13, 2010

glow in the dark.

i was swimming in a memory today. colors were polaroid- ish, grainy, everything was simple. I was watching my mother not know how to swim, her yellow dupatta shriveled up, pleated hair in her face. She was gasping for breath in the green water, arms flailing, looking for my father. He was right in front of her though. I think that has always been their problem. They've always flailed their arms around, eyes closes, in search of one another, and they fail to see what is so close to them. In this memory, however, he catches her. She clutches on to his wet wife beater, he is laughing and pushing the hair away from her face. I take a picture.

4 comments:

omG said...

Did you just say?
Wife beater?

Zh. said...

i'm full of surprises

Desert Eagle said...

they never know how many mental pictures we take.

Tazeen said...

I don't know why but I liked this.