Friday, August 12, 2011

i wrote a prose poem

I had a terrible dream, my darling,
of two burning houses,
neither of them ours.
Yet we watched the flames
engulf its surroundings
like our passion
did to our souls.
I walked past the free tea house,
its dancers in the doorway.
I walked past a familiar face
that hugged me and walked away.
With my satchel and sandals,
hands in my sometimes
purple dress pockets or
high-waisted beige pants,
I went looking for you.
I know I started that fire, darling,
burned your ground
to my feet.
Now I'm walking around
this delightful city,
looking for your
ashes to eat.

10 comments:

Dreaminglass said...

This is beautiful.

Zh. said...

you really think so?

Moonie said...

uff. too much types.

Dreaminglass said...

Yes. Absolutely.

Anonymous said...

lmao

Amna Siddiqui said...

Wow.

Meher said...

That's some amazing piece of writing!

Anonymous said...

's OK. I approve of this message.

unohu.

BH said...

Really very beautifully written!

Anonymous said...

this beautiful but me no like sad :(

-sal