Sunday, November 27, 2011

two suicidal thoughts under one roof.

I kissed Thom.
He had walked away, into a near empty field, the sunset looming somewhere far in the background.
It was the color of his hair.
He had been upset with the jumping into the water full of swordfish, the moving of the glass stove to make the place look big, the petty girls buying appliances from the little store. But most of all, he had been upset at his inability to say anything. So he left.
I simply followed him outside, grinning from ear to ear because I was so sure about everything. I followed him out and kissed him squarely on the lips.
His surprise was unmasked.
His lips were twisted in serenity.
The wheels of his mind were turning.
He held my hand and squeezed it, never once looking at me.
He was you.

3 comments:

FYF said...

everything you write sounds beautiful.
achingly so.

Zh. said...

so nice of you :)

Basnapoocho said...

What on earth are you smokin', readin' and writing?