Thursday, December 15, 2011

I had a dream I was stuck in a house of dust, wooden floors and lots of windows. It was like a maze, but it was abandoned, save for the people who were looking for me. I had left the room with the volatile lesbians, the quiet, horrific-looking actress, with a pasty white face and black lips, the women that were handing hand-outs to me and my friends, to entice us to come back again. everyone was interested in watching the play, we were exhausted from gallivanting all day, and the door that led into this tiny cellar-looking room was appealing enough. before we knew it we were sitting at a long table, the room only big enough for people to get to and from their seats. We weren't really forced to stay, at least not explicitly. So I left.

But there was no way out. Only rooms and corridors and abandoned kitchens. I could hear the birds cawing outside, the smell of sunlight my only hope. The windows were barred and every other room or so had a decaying occupant. On one floor I almost walked into a room where little girls were filed into a single line, all wrapped in pink towels, supposedly being directed to a bathroom. Then I found a door that led me underground, and another that led me to a room with an unbarred window. I climbed through it and it spit me out into a sunlit alley.

The crows sang my song of freedom.

No comments: