Thursday, November 01, 2012

Rabba

I saw you in my dream last night,
Dictating the soliloquy of my eternal
Pain,
in your droll muezzin drawl.
Your black sherwani choking your pride.
Always black, sick, sick, sick to death
I am
of that treacherous color.
I know you wished me a serpent's death,
slimy and undignified,
blood black (that word...)
as night.
And you know what they say
'be careful what you wish for,
lest it come true'.
And now my dreams are three-legged creatures,
disfigured,
imbalanced,
on the brink of insanity.
And my head makes my teeth hurt,
my heart swallows the last good light
that might have once surrounded it.
My everything is broken, sire, but,
your muezzin's drawl,
hands folded,
in the doorway,
stood true.

2 comments:

Abee.A said...

'I know you wished me a serpent's death,
slimy and undignified,
blood black (that word...)
as night.' - these lines stood out for me, enjoyed reading this piece! =)

F. said...

"And now my dreams are three-legged creatures,
disfigured,
imbalanced,
on the brink of insanity.
And my head makes my teeth hurt,
my heart swallows the last good light
that might have once surrounded it.
My everything is broken, sire, but,
your muezzin's drawl,
hands folded,
in the doorway,
stood true."

No. I'm stepping out now. I refuse to let my sire win. I am not in the business of granting wishes, she said, and then with a wave of her wand she winked out of sight.

Anyway, thank you for your blog.